What Is The Side Effect Of Furosemide – The world is full of different medicines known as life-saving drugs. These medicines treat several severe and chronic diseases.
Furosemide is a prime example of life-saving medicine. Healthcare experts recommend the medicine to treat hypertension and edema. Edema is swelling which is caused by fluid buildup in the body. Different medical conditions, including heart failure, kidney disease, and liver disease, are also known to cause fluid buildup.
Furosemide might be a life-saving drug for different diseases, but it is not completely safe to consume. There are several side effects of Furosemide. Let’s take a look at some of the most important ones.
Common Side Effects of Furosemide
Healthcare experts have categorized the side effects of Furosemide into 2 different categories. The first category focuses on the common side effects of the medicine, while the other category is going to focus on the Serious side effects.
- Stomach cramping
- Blurred vision
- Increased urination
These are among the most common side effects of the medicine. Usually, these side effects do not cause any life-threatening conditions, and they also go away on their own within a few days.
If these side effects are not going away on their own within a couple of days, you should consult with your doctor or pharmacist. Symptoms like diarrhea and vomiting are also known to invite several other symptoms.
Serious Side Effects of Furosemide
Along with the list of common side effects, Furosemide medicine is also known to have a list of serious side effects.
You can avoid the list of common side effects for some time, but healthcare experts do not recommend anyone avoid any serious side effects of the medicine.
If you are consuming the medicine and you are experiencing any of the below-given side effects, you should call your healthcare provider right away or call 911. All these symptoms are known to cause life-threatening conditions, and you should never ignore them under any circumstances.
- First of all, there is a probability of loss of water and electrolytes that can include a huge list of symptoms, including weakness, drowsiness, muscle cramps, no urination, vomiting, and dry mouth.
- Furosemide Is also known to cause low levels of thyroid hormone. If you are experiencing extreme tiredness, weakness, unwanted Weight gain, or increased feeling of cold and dry hair, you should call your healthcare provider right away.
- There is also a probability of inflammation of the pancreas, which can include symptoms like severe vomiting, fever, and pain when you eat or drink.
- Furosemide Is also known to cause liver damage which can include symptoms like yellowing off or white of your eyes and yellowing of the skin.
- There is also a probability of some allergic reaction which might include symptoms like rash on the face, swelling on the face, commerce swelling on the tongue, difficulty breathing, Etc.
As you can see in the above-given list, all these symptoms are known to cause life-threatening conditions. For example, the loss of fluids is known to cause dehydration and invite several other diseases.
Boxed Warning of Furosemide
Furosemide is a prescription drug that also comes with a boxed warning from the Food and Drug Administration of the United States.
The drug is also known to cause very low blood pressure, and people who are already taking any medicine for hypertension should not consume Furosemide Without consulting with their healthcare provider.
At the same time, Furosemide is also known to cause very low levels of potassium. If you start experiencing any symptoms, including extreme tiredness, Nausea, vomiting, and weakness in muscles, you should call your healthcare provider right away.
Kindly do not consume the medicine for a longerperiode without consulting it with your healthcare provider. Furosemide is known to cause low levels of voter and electrolytes in the body, which can further cause several complications.
What is the major side effect of Furosemide?
Furosemide is Known to cause excessive loss of water and electrolytes, which can further in white several other diseases. If you are experiencing any dehydration, you should consult with your healthcare provider right away and Keep consuming high-electrolyte fluids.