Get Shoppers Drug Mart Flu Shot Appointment – Step to Step Process
Shoppers Drug Mart Flu Shot – Flu shots are here. Yes, the Canadian government is once again suggesting every person in the country get vaccinated with the latest flu shots. You might have forgotten about the flu shots this season due to international chaos, but the Canadian health department has not forgotten about it.
Several provincial governments have released press statements mentioning the latest guidelines associated with flu and flu shots. On those guidelines, pharmacies like Shoppers Drug Mart have started vaccinating everyone with the latest flu shots.
Shoppers Drug Mart is the most popular pharmaceutical chain active in Canada. We saw the massive popularity of Shoppers Drug Mart when they started vaccinating Canadians with the COVID vaccine.
Let’s not distract ourselves from today’s topic. If you are among those people who are looking to get themself vaccinated with flu shots at Shoppers Drug Mart, you will have to go through an appointment process. Don’t worry. We have attached a step-by-step tutorial to help you out with that.
Shoppers Drug Mart Flu Shot Appointment Process.
The demand for flu shots is rising in Canada. As per the Canadian health department, the flu season has already started in most provinces, and Canadians should get themselves vaccinated too to prevent any severe illness.
As promised, we are here to take a look at the Shoppers Drug Mart flu shot appointment process. The whole appointment process is not going to take more than 5 minutes of your time. You just have to follow the below-given step-by-step tutorial without making any mistakes.
- First of all, you will have to click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official Shoppers Drug Mart flu shot appointment page.
- As soon as you land on the appointment page, it will ask you to enter the postal code of your neighborhood, or you can also enter your complete address in the search bar.
- We highly suggest everyone go with the postal code as it will provide a more refined and higher number of pharmacies nearby your neighborhood.
- The best part about this web page is that it will only show the farm message that has the flu shot.
- Yes, there are going to be some Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacies where they won’t have flu shots.
- Once you have entered your postal code, the appointment process will come up with all the vaccination sites nearby your neighborhood.
You simply have to click on a booked appointment and move ahead. At this point, you have to make sure that you are only selecting Shoppers Drug Mart facilities. Otherwise, the next steps might not match your appointment page.
- After that, it will ask you to select the type of short you are looking for. If you are above the age of 65, you can click senior age; otherwise, you can select the regular and move ahead.
- On the next page, it will ask you to select your vaccination site once again, along with the date and time of your appointment.
- Lastly, Shoppers Drug Mart will ask you to enter the complete information regarding the patient and continue.
- Here, you will have to enter the complete name, address, and contact details of the patient, along with the details of the patient’s emergency contact.
Once you have entered all the required information, the Shoppers Drug Mart appointment process will ask you to review your whole appointment once again. If all the things in your apartment are correct, you can simply click continue and create your appointment.
Kindly do not enter any wrong information while filling out the form, as the vaccination sites hold the right to reject your application at the time of vaccination.
At the same time, you should also make sure that you reach the vaccination site around 5 to 10 minutes before the appointment time. People who fail to reach the vaccination site before the appointment time might have to face rejection due to the high demand for the vaccine.
Flu shots might be free in your state, but do not forget to bring your photo ID card at the time of vaccination. People who fail to bring their photo ID at the time of vaccination might have to face rejection, and they will have to go through the whole appointment process once again.
Is there any eligibility for Shoppers Drug Mart Flu Shot?
Before we wrap up this session, let’s take a quick look at the eligibility criteria to receive flu shots in Canada. Different provincial governments release different sets of guidelines for flu and flu shots. But, the eligibility criteria to receive flu shots are going to be somewhat the same in all these provinces.
Even though the Canadian health department suggests everyone above the age of six months gets vaccinated with the flu shot, some people in certain categories are at severe or high risk of developing flu infection.
- Every pregnant woman in the country should get herself vaccinated with a flu shot.
- Everyone above the age of 65 should not ignore flu shots.
- All children between the age of two to four are also at high risk of developing a flu infection.
- People who are residents of nursing homes or other chronic care facilities are also more vulnerable to developing flu infection.
Apart from that, people of any age who are struggling with chronic conditions should also get vaccinated as early as possible.
Another important thing that you should keep in mind is that the Canadian health department considers obese people as a high-risk category for developing a severe flu infection. People who are struggling with conditions like heart disease, lung disease, anemia, diabetes, cancer, and other immunocompromised conditions are also considered high-risk groups.
Can I get multiple vaccines along with Shoppers Drug Mart flu shots?
No, Shoppers Drug Mart does not offer a facility to vaccinate anyone with multiple vaccines with the same appointment. If you are planning to get yourself vaccinated with a flu shot and the latest COVID booster, you will have to create two separate appointments for that.