Safeway Pharmacy – There are several supermarket chains active in the United States. Safeway is another example of a supermarket chain actively providing services throughout the nation. It was founded by Marion Barton Skaggs back in April 1915.
The supermarket chain these days provides grocery, food and general merchandise, pharmacy, bakery, and other services. They have more than 800 stores in more than 18 states of the United States.
Today we are here to particularly talk about the Safeway pharmacy and its services. We will talk about everything, including its locations, working hours, and appointment process for the COVID vaccine and testing.
Locate a Safeway Pharmacy
Before we move ahead and talk about anything else, let’s just discuss the locations of Safeway pharmacy. As you might already be aware, Safeway pharmacy is not available in all 50 states of the United States like other retail supermarket giants.
They have a limited presence, and that is why you need to locate a Safeway store before you do anything else. The biggest benefit of locating a Safeway pharmacy before starting anything else is that you don’t have to waste your time in case Safeway is not available in your neighborhood.
- To locate Safeway pharmacy, kindly click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of Safeway.
- At the same time, the link will further redirect you to the Store locator tool.
- As soon as you land on the store locator tool page at the official website of Safeway, it will ask you to enter your zip code, city name, or complete state name.
- We will suggest you go with the zip code as it will be more precise than entering your setting name or state name.
- Once you have entered the zip code of your neighborhood and press the search button, it will show you all the nearby Safeway locations.
- You can further filter the results depending on the services you require. By default, it is going to show you all Safeway locations within a radius of 25 miles.
Working hours of Safeway pharmacy
The working hours of every safe pharmacy can be different, and you should learn about those before you visit them. There are multiple ways to find out the working hours of any Safeway pharmacy, but the best way is to check online.
When you use the above-given button to locate a Safeway pharmacy near your neighborhood at that time, it will not just provide you with the location of the Safeway store, but it will provide every information.
- Once you have located the store, you want to visit your neighborhood nearby, and you can click on the name of the store.
- After that, you can move to the pharmacy section of that store, and it will show you the pharmacy hours.
Usual pharmacy hours at Safeway pharmacy. On regular days, the working hours of Safeway pharmacy are going to be the same, but on weekends it can be different.
Kindly make sure you are visiting the pharmacy during the hour; otherwise, the store will open, but the pharmacy facility will not be there. Yes, there is a probability that store timing and pharmacy timing can be different.
- Monday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Saturday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
COVID vaccine at Safeway pharmacy
When it comes to the COVID vaccine in the United States, there are several different ways you can get yourself vaccinated and receive its booster shots.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is in partnership with several pharmacies and clinics around the nation to provide the COVID vaccine free of cost.
Just like every other pharmacy in the United States, you have to create an early appointment to get yourself vaccinated or receive the booster shots. We have attached the step-by-step process below the given points.
- Kindly click on the above-given button to directly reach the official website of Safeway pharmacy.
- The button will further redirect you to the vaccine scheduler page.
- As soon as you reach the vaccine scheduler page, it will ask you to enter your date of birth along with your zip code.
- After that, it will ask you a bunch of questions, including your full name, full address, desired date and time, and pharmacy Location.
COVID testing at Safeway pharmacy
Before we wrap this session, let’s take a quick look at COVID testing at Safeway pharmacy. It is not a very popular option in the United States, even where Safeway pharmacies have a presence.
The biggest red flag for COVID testing at Safeway pharmacy can be the limited availability of tests. Safeway pharmacies only offer at-home COVID tests or NAAT Covid tests.
Apart from that, they also don’t accept health insurance cards or provide free COVID testing in partnership with the Centers for Disease control and prevention. The Safeway pharmacy charges $99 for molecular-based COVID testing.
You can use the above-given button to buy at-home COVID tests from Safeway pharmacy. The federal government of the United States has directed every healthcare provider in the United States to provide reimbursements for eight at-home COVID tests to every member of the policyholder.
You can buy at-home COVID tests from Safeway pharmacy and later get the reimbursements. Technically, it will be completely free for you. Kindly remember do not cross eight reimbursements each month for each person in the policy.
Otherwise, you have to pay the full from your pocket, and you won’t get any reimbursements.
What is the cost of the COVID test at Safeway pharmacy?
The cost of COVID testing at Safeway pharmacy is going to be around $99. It is written in the FAQ and the policy of Safeway pharmacy that you have to pay $99 out of your pocket to get a molecular COVID-19 test at Safeway pharmacy. They are not currently able to build the cost of $99 directly to your insurance provider.