All about Pfizer Expiration Date Lookup |Pfizer Vaccine/Booster|
Pfizer Expiration Date Lookup – Since the first spread of COVID-19 in the United States, Pfizer has become one of the most popular pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Yes, the Pfizer COVID vaccine is among the most popular COVID vaccines in the world, including the United States.
There are several reasons behind the popularity of the Pfizer COVID vaccine in the United States, including effectiveness, safety, and the trust of people. Even if you take a look at the data provided by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention for the COVID vaccine, you will find that more than 60% of people have been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.
The rest of the three companies have only vaccinated around 40% of Americans. Apart from Pfizer, there are three other major COVID vaccine manufacturers in the game, but Pfizer has gained the trust of Americans.
In today’s session, we will take a look at everything regarding the Pfizer vaccine, and we will also take a look at how you can use the Pfizer expiration date lookup tool. This session is noticed as useful for consumers, but it can also help healthcare providers.
How to use Pfizer expiration date lookup?
Every man-made thing in this universe has an expiry date. This expiry date tells a lot about the thing. As a general thumb rule, the bigger than expiry date, the better the product is. You should consider the expiry date while purchasing and comparing everything in this world.
Similar principles also apply to COVID vaccines, including the Pfizer COVID vaccine. That is why the manufacturers offering the Pfizer COVID vaccine came up with a tool so that everyone can learn about the Pfizer COVID vaccine expiry date using that tool.
This tool was made for healthcare experts, but anyone can use it without any worries. Your awareness of the product is going to enhance your overall safety. That is why Pfizer launched its Pfizer expiration date lookup tool. Simply follow the below-given step-by-step tutorial to find the expiry date of your Pfizer COVID vaccine.
- To access a Pfizer expiration date lookup tool, kindly click on the above-given button.
- Don’t worry. The above-given button will directly take you to the official website of Pfizer, and the tool is also launched by the company itself.
- Once you have landed on the tool, it will ask you two things about your COVID vaccine.
- First of all, you will have to enter the country name. After that, it will ask you to enter the lot number.
- You can easily find the lot number behind every while over the carton.
- Once you have entered both of the things, kindly click on the submit button and scroll a little bit down.
- It will come up with the result in a boxed form. The results won’t tell anything other than the expiry date.
Usually, this information is more beneficial for healthcare providers or vaccination agents. Even as a regular consumer, you can take a look at her batch number and confirm its exact expiry date using the official website of Pfizer.
Your little awareness before getting the vaccination can help you ensure your safety from the adverse effects of getting an expired vaccine. Every vaccine in the world has an expiration date, and you should never get it once it has passed.
Updated Expiry Date
The Food and Drug Administration of the United States released a press statement mentioning that they have recently changed the expiry date of some COVID vaccines.
Most of these vaccines were made by Pfizer, and with the help of upper-dated expiry dates from other companies will be able to vaccinate people with that vaccine which were about to expire.
Yes, the Food and Drug Administration of the United States has given new life to a lot of vaccines that were previously known to be expired. For example, a vaccine with a printed expiry date of January 2022 has got a new expiry date of November 2022.
The Food and Drug Administration believes COVID vaccines are still being studied under investigational matters and they do not have fixed expiry dates. That is why the FDA has decided to increase the expiry date of some batches.
Printed Expiry Date – Updated Expiry Date
December 2021 – September 30, 2022
January 2022 – October 31, 2022
February 2022 – November 30, 2022
March 2022 – December 31, 2022
June 2022 – December 31, 2022
July 2022 – January 31, 2023
August 2022 – February 28, 2023
September 2022 – March 31, 2023
October 2022 – April 30, 2023
November 2022 – May 31, 2023
December 2022 – June 30, 2023
What are the side effects of getting an expired vaccine?
Now, the big question is what will happen to you if you get vaccinated with an expired vaccine. This is the first question of every person who learns about the expiry date of the COVID vaccine.
Healthcare experts around the world suggest everyone take a deep look at the expiry of the vaccine before they get vaccinated with same. Humans are known to make a mess, and your healthcare provider is also a human who can do the same.
It is also your responsibility to ensure your safety against these small mistakes. Yes, the expired Pfizer COVID vaccine can also cause severe harmful reactions. Usually, vaccines come with an expiry date of about two to three years, but COVID vaccines are known to have expiry dates of three to six months.
That is why the chances of getting yourself vaccinated with expired vaccines are much higher with COVID vaccine as compared to any other vaccine in the world.
- First of all, the expired vaccine won’t be as effective as it used to be. If you have recently been administered an expired vaccine and you are not experiencing any symptoms, it doesn’t mean that you have been successfully vaccinated.
- Secondly, any expired vaccine can cause severe side effects. The risk of severe side effects also increased as the chemical composition in the vaccine decreased in strength.
- If you are getting yourself vaccinated with the Pfizer COVID vaccine, we highly suggest you go through the above-given step-by-step process to find the latest expiry date.
Under any circumstances, you should not get yourself vaccinated or receive any medicine without taking a look at its expiry date. You have a right to ask for the expiry date of your COVID vaccine before you get yourself vaccinated with the same.
Usually, vaccination sites put the expiry date of the vaccine on your vaccination card. If your vaccine administrator has not written down the expiry date of your COVID vaccine on your vaccination card, kindly ask them to tell you about the expiry date and the batch number so that you can confirm it on the official website of the company.
Eligibility Criteria to Receive Pfizer COVID Vaccine
Before we move ahead and talk about anything else regarding the Pfizer COVID vaccine, let’s take a look at the eligibility criteria to receive the same.
The Pfizer COVID vaccine did not become the most popular COVID vaccine in the United States just because of its name in the market, but it is also known to provide great value to its consumers.
Pfizer was the first COVID vaccine to be administered to anyone below the age of 18 in the United States. At the same time, it also crossed the barrier between age 12 and age 5. That is one of the biggest reasons Americans are interested in the Pfizer COVID vaccine as compared to its other competitors.
If you are eligible according to the below-given eligibility criteria, we highly suggest you get yourself vaccinated with the Pfizer COVID vaccine.
- Everyone above the age of six months to four years is eligible to receive a three-dose primary series of the COVID vaccine.
- Everyone above the age of 4 to 12 is eligible to receive two short primary series of the Pfizer COVID vaccine.
- This age group is also eligible to receive one dose of a monovalent COVID booster shot.
- Everyone must maintain at least three to eight weeks of the gap between the two shorts of the primary series.
- Everyone above the age of 12 is eligible to receive two-dose primary series along with one bivalent booster shot.
- People who are eligible for bivalent booster shots are not eligible to receive monovalent COVID booster shots.
- You must maintain a gap of at least two months between your last shot of the COVID vaccine and the Pfizer bivalent COVID vaccine.
As you can see in the above-given eligibility criteria, the Pfizer COVID vaccine is available for each age group in the United States. It is also among the safest vaccines, which has become one of the biggest reasons for its approval for anyone below the age of 5.
Can I die after taking the expired Pfizer COVID vaccine?
The side effects of expired COVID vaccines are not as straightforward as you might think. Different people react differently when it comes to expired vaccines or any other medicine. If you have recently been administered an expired COVID vaccine, we highly suggest you consult with your healthcare provider.