Optavia Diet Plan – the world of fitness is so broad that even after Decades of learning, you will not be able to learn everything. There are so many concepts that you have to learn, and even after that, new research keeps happening, and your learning never stops.
For example, you might have heard about hundreds of different diets for weight loss and muscle gain, but still, you might come across a newly developed diet which is delivering results consistently.
The Optavia diet is one of the prime examples of underdog diets in this industry. As per the statistics, it is delivering results regularly, but still, not many people know about it. Let’s take a look at it, and try to understand every aspect of the diet.
What Is An Optavia Diet Plan?
The optavia diet is a very well-organized and thoughtfully composed diet that can help people lose their extra body weight with the help of meal replacements.
These meal replacements include shakes, bars, pre-packed foods, and other small meals which are high intensity but very low in calories. The diet mainly focuses on weight loss, and it is designed to create a calorie deficit to fasten the whole process.
Most of the time, the diet focuses on lean protein food and non-starchy vegetables. The diet tried to restrict high sugar Foods such as sweets and soda. In the year 2021, the optavia diet was given 2.5 stars out of five, and it became the 28th most famous diet in the world.
Benefits Of optavia Diet
Before we learn about eating schedules and foods which you can eat and can not eat in your optavia diet plan, let’s take a look at all the benefits or pros of an optavia diet.
These benefits will help you decide whether you want to replace your primary diet with an optavia diet or not.
In today’s fast world where nobody has enough time to prepare food, the optavia diet is very convenient to go with. You can eat pre-portioned packed foods, which is very easy and convenient.
It is like hiring a chef and dietitian at the same time to prepare your food and deliver it to your doorstep whenever you need it.
Optavia diet is one of the best diets available on the market which can control your weight and even help you reduce. You are already aware that extra body weight might carry type 2 diabetes and heart disease risk, and there is a huge number of obese people in the United States, so optavia died to become one of the best choices for your weight loss journey.
Much More Consistency
Usually, when you talk to overweight or obese people, they will say that they are not able to stay consistent with their diet and they are not able to lose body weight.
But this is not the case with the optavia diet because most people can stay much more consistent with their diet. Usually, the optavia diet follows five and one rules which means you will get to eat six times a day.
These small portions keep your mind away from any snack or diet during your free time. Even with small portions of food, you will feel full for a longer period.
Usually, the optavia diet comes with the support staff, which also can be a coaching staff to help you in your weight loss journey. That coaching staff helped you stay on your diet and also do the workout. That is going to be one of your biggest motivations to stay consistent till you achieve your goals. [Source]
Seven Days Optavia Diet Plan
Now let’s take a look at the pre-made seven days optavia diet plan, which will give you insight into what pools you can eat and what you cannot. We will also cover four topics separately but let’s take a look at the premier diet plan first.
- First day: Three 7-ounce servings of cod, shrimp, or egg whites, two healthy fat servings, three servings of non-starchy vegetables; 1 snack such as celery sticks, sugar-free gum, or dill pickle spears; 3 fuelings of Optavia bars or shakes.
- Second day: Three 6-ounce servings of pork tenderloin, trout, or chicken breast, one healthy fat serving, three servings of non-starchy vegetables, three fuelings Of optavia bars and shakes.
- Third day: Two meals of 5 ounces salmon, beefsteak, or dark poultry meat, three servings of non-starchy vegetables; 1 pre-packaged Optavia meal; 1 snack; 3 fuelings of optavia bars and shakes.
- 4th day: Three 7-ounce servings of cod, shrimp, or egg whites, two healthy fat servings, three servings of non-starchy vegetables; 1 snack; 3 fuelings of optavia bars or shakes.
- 5th day: Two meals of 5 ounces salmon, beefsteak, or dark poultry meat, three servings of non-starchy vegetables; 1 pre-packaged Optavia meal; 1 snack; 3 fuelings of Octavia bars and shakes.
- 6th day: Three 6-ounce servings of pork tenderloin, trout, or chicken breast, one healthy fat serving, three servings of non-starchy vegetables, three fuelings of Octavia bars and shakes.
- 7th day: Three 7-ounce servings of cod, shrimp, or egg whites, two healthy fat servings, three servings of non-starchy vegetables; 1 snack; 3 fuelings of Octavia bars and shakes.
What Can You Eat In The Optavia Diet Plan?
Now let’s take all the foods which you can easily eat in the optavia diet. That is not going to be a complete list of foods that are allowed to eat in the Optavia diet. There is a huge list of food, but the one thing you should focus on is the portion of the food.
- Most of the food which you are going to eat will be pre-packed by optavia itself. You will get at least three servings of pre-packed fueling such as pretzels, cookies, soup, bar and shakes. Apart from that, they have 50 totally different types of feelings.
- The one meal which you have to prepare yourself is going to be protein-focused. For example, you can eat salmon, lamb or pork chops as a lean source of protein. Apart from that, you can also eat chicken breast, swordfish and egg whites.
- In the optavia diet plan, you should include non-starchy vegetables alongside your protein. For example, you can eat salad greens, cauliflower, summer squash and broccoli.
- No matter what, you should never avoid healthy fats, and the optavia diet plan also includes some healthy fats in it. For example, you can have olive oil, walnut oil, avocado and flaxseed one way or another in your diet.
- When you prepare food at your home, you require some condiments to make it a bit tastier. The optavia diet plan allows you to include lemon, mustard, lime, vinegar, salsa, and herbs.
- Once you start progressing and you lower your weight into a healthy category, the optavia diet allows you to add some servings of fruits. For example, it will allow you to eat cottage cheese, apples, bananas, berries and Greek yoghurt.
- Apart from that, you can only eat whole grain bread, whole wheat English muffins and high fibre cereals once you are in the healthy weight category.
What You Can Not Eat In The Optavia Diet Plan
Now let’s take a look at all the food items that you cannot eat during your optavia diet plan.
- First of all, you have to lower the intake of your sweet carbs such as cakes, cookies and ice cream.
- Second, you have to control your high-calorie addition such as mayonnaise, sugary barbecue sauce and butter.
- Beverages such as soda, sweetened coffee, beer, Spirits are out of the limit. And you should not include any of them in your optavia diet plan.
What Are The Major Cons Of An Optavia Diet Plan?
Just like everything else in the world, optavia diet plans also have a few cons related to them.
Optavia’s diet plan is very expensive as compared to any other diet in the world. You’ll have to spend at least $20 – 25 every day. Apart from that you also have to eat a lean protein meal at home which is very expensive.
Many experts are worried about the sustainability issues related to the optavia diet plan. You might not know that when you lose weight in a calorie deficit manner, you have to repair your messed up metabolism as you come to a healthy weight category. But in that field, experts do not get any satisfactory results with the optavia diet plan.
Just like any other diet in the world, the optavia diet plan also focuses on one problem and tries to provide as many results as possible. Optavia’s diet plan can help you reduce your extra body weight with its repacked foods.
There are so many benefits attached to the diet plan, along with some cons. For example, it is one of the easiest diets to follow, but it can also be very expensive at the same time. We have attached the seven-day optavia diet plan in our article.
Can I use an optavia diet plan to build muscle?
No, optavia diet plans only focus on staying in a calorie deficit and reducing your extra body weight, and for muscle mass, you have to go in Cal surplus.
Is there any other diet plan to lose extra body weight?
Yes, there are many other diet plans which can help you lose extra body weight. Technically you have to stay in a calorie deficit to lose extra body weight or even come out of obesity.