NHS Covid Test Kits – The United Kingdom is saying one of the worst times of its history. First of all, we are not politically stable as we have seen more than three prime ministers in the last few years. At the same time, the United Kingdom, along with the whole world, has been attacked by a virus that originated in Wuhan, China, back in 2019.
It’s been more than two and a half years, and several research on the behavior of the virus have been conducted by health care professionals. Even though we have learned so much about the virus and launched the vaccine which can create immunity against the virus, we are yet to find the exact treatment for COVID-19.
In every research and survey, it has been proven that testing is among the best weapons to contain the spread of COVID-19. That is why today we are here to discuss NHS COVID test kits.
What are the NHS COVID Test Kits?
Before we learn anything regarding the NHS COVID test kit, you need to clear your basics. There are different types of tests available to detect COVID-19.
One of those tests is a rapid antigen test which can provide results within a few minutes, and they are among the cheapest COVID tests in the world.
The National Health Service of England has a program where people can register themselves and get their COVID test kits at home to test themselves regularly. There is a specific eligibility testing program, and you should be following at least one of the given criteria to receive the tests.
Eligibility of NHS COVID Test Kits
Now let’s discuss one of the most important parts of the day, which is the eligibility to receive and adjust COVID test kits. Kindly remember that not every person in the United Kingdom is eligible to receive free and just COVID test kits.
You must be following one of the deep below given criteria to be eligible for NHS COVID test kits.
People with a health condition
First of all, people who already have a health condition are eligible for NHS COVID test kits. The National Health Service will send you a test kit if you have any symptoms related to COVID-19. You can easily order your COVID test kits if you have not received any COVID test kits yet.
Struggling with disease
The National Health Service will also send you free COVID test kits if you are due to have surgery or any procedure. Your health expert might not allow you to have surgery or any procedure if you have not tested yourself for COVID-19. Before you get your surgery or any procedure, your hospital will send you in later, and you can find the requirements of the COVID test on that letter.
Health care worker
Lastly, the National Health Service has a specific category where they are providing free COVID test kits to every person who is working in the healthcare sector.
- Patient-facing staff at National Health Service.
- If you deliver NHS services through an independent health care provider or have direct contact with patients of the National Health Service.
- If you are a social worker, then you are also eligible to receive free NHS COVID test kits.
- Every Care Quality Commission inspector is also eligible to receive these test kits.
- Lastly, people who work in care homes, extra care, and support living services, I’d like to take care centers or hospices are also eligible to receive free NHS COVID test kits.
How to order NHS COVID test kits?
Once you have understood the eligibility criteria and you fall in any of the above-given eligibility criteria, then you can learn about how to easily order and just COVID test kits.
If you do not fall within the eligibility criteria, then you should not order as the National Health Service or the government of the United Kingdom is not going to deliver free, and it is just a COVID test.
- To order your free NHS COVID test kits, kindly click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of the government of the United Kingdom.
- The button will also redirect you directly to the order coronavirus rapid test page. Add the web page. You can scroll a little bit down and find a button named start now.
- Once you have clicked on the button, it will take you to the next page, where you have to enter a bunch of information.
- The phone will ask you every single thing regarding yourself, including your employment and medical history.
- It won’t ask you to scan your documents, but you might have to enter the document ID. So keep your document ready.
What if I tested positive with NHS COVID test kits?
The National Health Service requests everyone to report their COVID tests regardless of the result of the test. It is mentioned on the official website of the National Health Service and the UK government that you should report your lateral flow test results regardless of the result on the official portal launched by the respective governments.
The government of the United Kingdom has launched four different portals where you can report your test. Kindly remember you do not have to post one test at each portal.
For example, people who live in England can use the portal created for people in England. On the other hand, people who live in Northern Ireland can use their respective platforms to report the NHS COVID test kit results.
I am a housewife. Can I order NHS COVID test kits?
If you are not undergoing any medical procedure, then you might not be eligible to order NHS COVID test kits from the official website of the National Health Service delivered by the government of the United Kingdom. Currently, most people are not eligible to order NHS COVID test kits.
How many tests are in one COVID test kit?
As per the official website of the National Health Service and the government of the United Kingdom, each NHS COVID test kit is going to contain seven tests, and you can order one pack every three days if you are eligible as per the eligibility criteria.