Monkeypox Vaccine Near Me – monkeypox virus started after some gay parties in the United Kingdom has started affecting the whole world. Till now, more than 75 countries around the world have recorded one or more cases of the monkeypox virus.
Previously, all health experts in the world thought that the monkeypox virus was just limited to African countries without much sanitization, but the latest spread of the monkeypox virus in Western countries has proved them completely wrong.
The United States of America has become one of the worst affected countries by the monkeypox virus. Now, we have recorded more than 5800 cases of the virus, which are far higher than any other country in the world. The second highest number of cases in the world is in Spain, but they are also below 4500.
The treatment options for the monkeypox virus are very limited, even in the United States. Health experts around the world will suggest that you get vaccinated with the monkeypox vaccine if you have been infected with the virus. Keeping that in mind, there is a huge surge in people who are looking for a “monkeypox vaccine near me.”
Where can I find the monkeypox virus near me?
Kindly remember there could be a delay in providing the vaccine for the monkeypox virus even if you know the right source and place to get the vaccine. The supply of vaccines is very limited, and it is being provided by the federal government of the United States.
Finding a vaccine for the monkeypox virus can be a challenging thing in California or New York. Currently, the vaccine for the monkeypox virus is not available at any private pharmacy in the United States.
- If you believe you have been exposed to a virus, And you require a vaccine for the same, then you should consult with your healthcare provider.
- After that, your healthcare provider will consult with the health department to confirm your eligibility and make an appointment.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention do not recommend mass vaccination against the monkeypox virus.
- Several private testing companies, including Mayo Clinic laboratories, Quest Diagnostics, Sonic Healthcare, and LabCorp, are also providing testing for the monkeypox virus, which can make you eligible for the vaccine.
Eligibility of Monkeypox Vaccine
Before we move ahead, let’s first take a look at the eligibility for the monkeypox vaccine. As you might already be aware, not everyone in the United States is eligible to receive the vaccine for the monkeypox virus.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, along with the Food and Drug Administration of the United States, has presented eligibility criteria for anyone to get the vaccine for the monkeypox virus.
The supply of vaccines is very limited in the United States, and you must meet the eligibility criteria to get the vaccine.
- Most states in the United States are only providing monkeypox virus vaccines to those who have been confirmed or suspected of exposure.
- You might also be eligible if you are gay, bisexual, and others who have intercourse with other men and trans people.
- If you are a sex worker of any sexual orientation or gender.
- If you have been identified as close contact with someone who has been infected with the virus.
- If you have received a notification from a venue or event about the potential exposure to someone who has monkeypox virus.
- Apart from that, lab technicians who handle monkeypox virus samples or any clinician who has a high risk of occupational exposure.
How to prevent the monkeypox virus?
As you are already aware, the vaccine for monkeypox virus treatment is very limited. At the same time, now the virus has also started affecting people who are not gay or men intercourse with other men.
That is why it becomes very important for you to learn about the preventive measures against the monkeypox virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have recently a guideline regarding the prevention of the monkeypox virus.
- You should avoid having skin-to-skin contact with people who already have any kind of rash that might look like monkeypox.
- You should avoid touching any type of rash or scabs of a person who has been infected with a virus.
- Kindly do not kiss, cuddle, hug or have intercourse with someone who has any symptoms related to the monkeypox virus.
- Kindly do not share any object or material with a person who has been infected.
- Keep using alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
- Do not touch any dead or alive animal that can spread the virus.
- Kindly use full precautions when you are treating any sick animal as well as bedding or other material they have touched.
About the vaccine for the monkeypox virus.
Before we wrap this session, let’s first discuss a few things regarding the vaccine for the monkeypox virus. Unlike any other disease in the United States, the supply of monkeypox vaccine is limited because there are only two vaccines that have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States for monkeypox virus.
That vaccine is called JYNNEOS, and It is currently being produced in Denmark. Originally the vaccine was used to prevent the smallpox virus, but monkeypox is also related to smallpox, and that is this vaccine is also effective on the monkeypox virus.
As per the official press release by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the vaccine for the monkeypox virus is effective at around 85%. The number of 85% has been taken from the studies conducted in African regions, Clinical and other animal studies.
Is there any risk of getting a vaccine for the monkeypox virus?
As per the CDC, the risk of the monkeypox virus is far higher than the risk of vaccines. Monkeypox virus is a serious disease that can cause severe fever, headache, muscle aches, swollen lymph nodes, and other severe symptoms. On the other hand, people who receive a vaccine for the monkeypox virus only have minor reactions such as mild fever, swollen glands, tiredness, etc.