Ihealth Covid Test Instructions – COVID-19 has been affecting the whole world for the last 2 ½ years. Every country in the world, including developed countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, and European Union, along with the poor nations from Africa or Asia, have been affected by the virus.
There is a very interesting thing regarding the virus of COVID-19. It has been changing itself since it was first discovered back in November 2019. Its constantly changing behavior has been very challenging for the world because the vaccine health experts developed is not working on the latest variants as it used to.
Health experts around the world have already established that regular COVID testing, along with other COVID protocols, is going to ensure the safety of a person along with the safety of their friends and family. At home, COVID tests are among the best ways to get yourself tested without visiting any laboratory.
The Ihealth COVID test became very popular once the federal government of the United States started sending it for free to every household in the country. Today we will learn about the Ihealth COVID test instructions. These instructions will help you take the COVID test without making any mistakes.
How to take Ihealth Test at home
At home, COVID tests are very easy to use as you don’t have to do much like any PCR test. Still, it can be very challenging for a new person as you don’t know what to do with the strip or the nasal swab.
Kindly take a look at the below step-by-step process so that you can take the Ihealth COVID test at your home without making any mistakes.
Don’t worry. Each kit is going to contain two at-home COVID tests, so if you make any mistake the first time, then you can also try it once again.
Some kids might also contain two tests without any separate packaging. In that case, you have to pick three things, one from each pair.
- First of all, you have to open the box and find the two packages containing each test.
- Now, open one pack and put all the equipment on the table.
- The first thing you have to do once you have sorted out all the components is open the specimen collection kit. It will be the biggest pack in the box, which might look like a home pregnancy test strip.
- The specimen collection kit is also going to contain a little pouch. You don’t have to use that pouch as it is in there to just keep the specimen kit dry.
- Now, you have to open the second biggest package, which is going to contain a Q-tip or nasal swab.
- Once you have taken out your nasal swab, kindly put it in one nostril and keep touching the walls of your nostril for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Kindly repeat the same procedure on the other side without switching the tip of your Q-tip or nasal swab.
Kindly do not put your testing swab on the table or any other thing. You must keep it in your hand till you put it in your testing vile.
- Now, pick up the last part of your testing kit. Pick up your vile and tap it on the table gently a couple of times to make sure that all the liquid is at the bottom of the vile.
- Once the liquid is at the bottom, you can unscrew the top part of the wild and open it.
- After that, you can take your specimen swab and put it in the vile.
- Make sure you are putting the right side in the liquid. Your cute tip is going to have two sides, but you only have to use one side and put that side in your testing vile.
- Once your nasal swab is in the vial, you can put it there for like 5 to 10 seconds and make sure you are stirring it. The official instructions say that you should stir it at least 15 times.
- At last, you can also try to squeeze the vile and make sure your specimen is covered with the liquid.
- Once that process is completed, kindly take out the swab and put it on paper as it might contain the virus of COVID-19 and infect others.
- After that, you can put the orange cap back on the vile and remove the white cap from the orange top.
- Once you have removed the white cap, your vial is going to act as a dropper, and you have to drop at least three drops In the collection area of your testing strip.
- Once you have put three drops in your testing area of the stripe now, you can wait for at least 15 minutes to complete it.
Kindly don’t make any mistakes in the test, and you can also read the official instructions at the back of the testing box or the instruction kit within the box.
Read all the instructions as many times as you want but do not make any mistakes as it can result in false results and put your family at risk of infection.
How to check the results of the Ihealth COVID test?
Once you have successfully taken the test now, you will ask how you can check the results. Even if you can figure out how you can take the test successfully, it can be very challenging for a person to understand the resulting process.
- Similar to pregnancy tests, If there is no line on that display, it means your test is wrong.
- Yes, you can take the wrong test as it is going to be invalid because you made a mistake in the process or you did not put enough fluid on the testing strip.
- If there is only one line on the testing display, your test is negative, and you do not have the infection of COVID-19.
- If your testing kit has two lines on that display, it means you are positive for COVID-19, and you should isolate yourself as early as possible.
- Apart from that, you can also let your family know that you have tested positive for the virus.
The Ihealth COVID test or any other COVID test is going to have an accuracy of 80%. It means there will be two false negatives or wrong positives out of 10 tests.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, along with the Food and Drug Administration of the United States, suggest everyone take at-home COVID tests more than once.
Taking two tests at the same time will help you eliminate all the wrong results, as the accuracy of the at-home COVID test is just 80%.
why use the Ihealth COVID test
Before we wrap this session, let’s take a quick look at the top benefits of using any at-home COVID test, including the Ihealth COVID test.
One of the major benefits of using at-home test kits is that they can provide results at much faster speeds than any regular RT PCR test for COVID-19. You can get results within 10 to 15 minutes as compared to one day or more with the RT PCR test.
Keeping that in mind, the federal government of the United States has been pushing the use of at-home COVID tests more than ever before.
The second major benefit of using the Ihealth COVID test or any other at-home COVID test is that they are very cheap. First of all, they are provided for free both by the federal government of the United States and your health insurance providers.
Even if you have to buy it from any nearby pharmacy or clinic, you can easily buy it for just 10 to 15 bucks for two tests. On the other hand, a regular RT PCR test is going to cost around $129.
The third major benefit of using at-home COVID test kits is that you don’t have to go to any nearby laboratory or testing site to take them.
As you have read the above instructions, you can easily take any at-home COVID test without the help of a doctor or medical professional. On the other hand, it is impossible to take the RT PCR test at your home as you have to visit a nearby laboratory for the testing process.
What is the price of the Ihealth COVID test?
Ihealth COVID test or any at-home COVID test kit can easily provide results within 10 to 15 minutes at your home. Usually, the Ihealth COVID test Is available at just $9 per test, but you can buy it on offer, and the pricing can go as low as $7.00 each test. You can use the official website of Ihealth to buy your COVID test.