How To Delete Instagram Account (2022) – Permanently Delete, Temporarily Disable An Instagram Account
How to delete Instagram account – Social media has become a major part of our life. As per one statistic, average Americans spend more than two hours on Different social media platforms. We share our thoughts, pictures, and videos On these social media platforms.
Instagram is one of those highly popular platforms with millions of users. It has become the life and business of a huge number of youths. Even though normal users are spending time for free on these platforms, there are many people who are earning and living on Instagram.
Even though these platforms are highly popular, this doesn’t mean everyone is happy with these social media platforms. For various reasons, people are deleting their Instagram handles, either it’s privacy concerns or Other personal issues.
That is why we are here to let you know how to delete an Instagram account with a few simple steps. We will also talk about what you can do before and after deleting the Instagram profile if you ever change your mind.
Completely Delete Your Instagram Account.
For any reason, if you have made up your mind and you want to completely delete Instagram accounts from your life, then kindly keep reading the below-given steps.
You are not alone. There are people in the world who do not like these social media platforms due to security concerns, or they believe they are spending more time than they should on all these entertainment platforms.
Kindly remember as soon as you delete your Instagram account, after some days, the company will release your username to the public, and anyone can acquire that and attach it to their Instagram handle.
If you think your username can be misused, then kindly attach it to some other profile or disable it rather than completely deleting your Instagram account.
- First of all, open your Instagram account on any mobile browser or computer.
- You cannot delete your Instagram account if you are using an Instagram application.
- Once you have opened your Instagram account on a mobile browser or computer, then you can click on the button given above to delete your Instagram account.
- After reaching the page, kindly click on why you are deleting your Instagram account and re-enter your Instagram account password.
- Now an option to permanently delete your Instagram account will appear as soon as you enter the reason.
- You can enter any reason you like, or you can simply type permanently delete and move ahead.
- Now tap or select delete. It will delete your Instagram account permanently.
Kindly remember it will take at least 30 days to get your Instagram account permanently deleted, and you will not be able to revive any of your data after 30 days.
Don’t worry. During those 30 days, your data will not be accessible to other people using Instagram and following you.
Don’t worry. You can sign up again using any Gmail address or mobile number on Instagram. But if your account was removed for violating community guidelines, then you may not be able to sign up again with the same username.
Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account.
If you are double-minded and you are not sure whether you delete your Instagram account or not, then you can try temporarily disabling rather than completely deleting it.
When you temporarily disable your profile, photos, comments and likes are hidden until you reactivate or log back. Your data, including your username, will be secured like ever before and give you an option to rest and come back anytime you want.
Just like permanently deletion, you cannot temporarily disable your Instagram profile using the Instagram application for security purposes.
- First of all, log in to your Instagram account using a computer or mobile phone browser.
- Once you have logged in, kindly click on your profile picture at the top right corner.
- After clicking on the profile icon, kindly click on the edit profile and Scroll down to temporarily disable my account, which will be at the bottom of the page.
- Now it will ask you why you are disabling your account. You can enter anything and re-enter your Instagram account password.
- As soon as you re-enter your password and click temporarily disabled, it will do the job done for you.
Instagram suggests everyone at least temporarily disable their Instagram handle once before permanently deleting it.
Temperature disable gives you enough time to think about your decision because if you permanently delete your Instagram account, then you will never be able to access all of your data, including subscribers.
Take A Backup Of Your Instagram Profile Data.
As per the latest Instagram policies, you are the owner of your data, and you can access or review your data anytime you want.
Apart from that company also suggests everyone take at least one backup of their data before they completely over permanently delete their Instagram account.
Unlike permanently deleting or temporarily disabling your Instagram profile, you can easily access your Instagram data using any more such as the Instagram application or computer browser, or mobile browser.
Download The Copy Of Your Instagram Data Using The Application
In order to get a copy of everything you have shared on Instagram till now, you can request a downloadable copy of your data in a machine-readable JSON format.
- First of all, open your Instagram app on an Android or iPhone mobile phone.
- After that, click on the profile picture in the bottom right of your profile.
- Now on the next tab, kindly click on the three lines menu at the top right corner.
- In the menu, kindly click on your activity button.
- Now in your activity tab, kindly tap on the download your information.
- At this place, it will ask you to enter an email address where you would like to receive a link to your data and then tap apply.
- Now it will ask you to enter the date range, and tap apply.
- Click on the contact you like to download and also click on the file format.
- As soon as you do it, after a few minutes, you will receive an email titled your Instagram data.
Social media is a very important part of our life, but this doesn’t mean everyone likes these social media platforms, including Instagram.
There are many people who are looking to delete their Instagram profile permanently due to various reasons such as privacy or security.
In our above-written article, we have told you about a very easy method that you can use to permanently delete your Instagram profile.
Apart from that, we have also included an easy step to temporarily disable your Instagram account if you are not sure whether you want to delete it permanently or want to take a temporary break.
As per the latest policy, Instagram also gives you an option where you can easily check your activities and your data on Instagram. We have added a step-by-step guide to downloading a copy of your Instagram data without any hassle.
I forgot my email and Instagram password. Can I ask customer care to delete my Instagram account for me?
No, you cannot ask customer care to delete your Instagram profile on your behalf. As per the policy, you have to do the deletion process by yourself. Instagram does it to protect everyone on the platform. Anyone can pretend to be you and ask customer care to delete your Instagram on your behalf.
What will happen to my username after I delete my Instagram account?
For example, your Instagram username is abcd, and you have deleted your account. Now, that username will be available to everyone on the platform. This means anyone can change their username and get your old username as their profile. As soon as you delete your Instagram profile after a few days, the company releases the user name to the public, and anyone can attach that to their own profile.
Which is better, deleting your Instagram account or disabling it?
It all depends on you what you want to do. For example, if you are double-minded regarding keeping your Instagram account all deleted, then I will suggest you kindly go with disabling it. On the other hand, if you are 100% sure that you want to leave the platform, then you can delete your Instagram account completely but keep the backup of all of your data, including images, videos, and reels.
My Instagram handle was removed by the company. Can I sign up again and get the same username?
As per the policy, if your Instagram handle was deleted by the company itself, then you are not eligible to sign up again with the same username. You can always sign up with the new username, but your old username, which was removed by the team on Instagram, will be permanently disabled, and no one can apply for that username.