COVID-19 is not going anywhere as the government of England and the National Health Service believe that the United Kingdom may witness another wave of COVID-19 in the winter. The debate on the effectiveness of COVID-19 has almost ended as the new and updated booster shot is available.
The United Kingdom was hit with the omicron and sub-variants of COVID-19 a few months ago, which ignited a debate about the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine and its booster jabs. Most people were not receiving their Booster jabs as the COVID-19 vaccine, and its booster charts were not enough to prevent the infection of COVID-19.
Now, the situation has completely changed as new and updated booster shots are available in England. The National Health Service believes that half of the population of England is going to receive booster shots of the COVID-19 vaccine ahead of expected waves in the upcoming winter season.
How to Book a Covid Booster Shot?
As the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory agency has approved the latest and updated COVID booster shot in the United Kingdom, it is time for everyone eligible to receive it.
The updated COVID booster shot is known to provide greater protection against currently dominating variants of COVID-19 in England and all around the United Kingdom. The National Health Service also suggests everyone in the country get vaccinated as much as possible.
If you are also trying to book a COVID booster shot, then we highly suggest that you follow the below-given step-by-step process using the official website of the National Health Service.
- First of all, you have to click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of the National Health Service.
- As soon as you reach the appointment, kindly scroll a little bit down and find a button name book now. It is going to be green.
- Now, click on the button and move ahead.
- On the next page, it will ask you whether you have your NHS number or not.
- If you have your NHS number, then we highly suggest you enter it as your number is going to contain all the basic information required to create an appointment, such as your name, address, and contact details.
- On the other hand, people who do not know their number can simply click on no and enter their complete name.
- Once you have entered your complete name, it will ask you to enter your date of birth.
Kindly remember you have to enter the date of birth of the person receiving the vaccine.
If you are creating an appointment for someone else, then ask for their date of birth and enter it according to that.
- On the next page, it will ask you to enter your postcode.
- After that, it will present you with a bunch of questions related to your appointments, such as the date, time, and location of your vaccination.
- As soon as you enter all these details, it will create an appointment.
The National Health Service suggests everyone reach the vaccination site at least 10 minutes before their appointment time. Any delay in your reporting might lead you to rejection or cancellation of your appointment. We also highly suggest everyone reach the vaccination site at least 10 minutes before the given time.
Kindly do not enter any wrong information as it might lead to rejection. Usually, vaccination sites do not reject the application or cancel the appointment, but an online portal can reject your application if it believes you are not eligible as per the guidelines given by the National Health Service.
Manage COVID Booster Shot Booking
The National Health Service allows everyone to manage their booking of COVID booster shots or any other COVID-19 vaccine dose in England.
If you believe you want to be able to get yourself vaccinated on the given date and time, then you can easily manage it using the official website of the National Health Service.
- You can simply click on the same above-given button to reach the appointment page at the National Health Service.
- Once you are on the booking page, kindly scroll a little bit down and find a button named Manage My Appointment. It will be a grey color.
- Kindly press the button and enter your details. It will also ask you to enter your number or complete name and postcode.
Kindly remember you can only manage or edit your booking until it has not been canceled by the vaccination site. If you have already crossed your appointment time, then it won’t allow you to edit or manage your booking.
Eligibility to Book Covid Booster Shot
Similar to any other COVID-19 vaccine in the United Kingdom, the National Health Service has fixed eligibility criteria for booking COVID-19 booster shots in England. Everyone who falls within the eligibility criteria is advised to get vaccinated with booster shots as early as possible.
The Latest and updated booster shots, also known as autumn boosters or seasonal boosters, are known to provide greater protection against currently dominating variants of COVID-19 in the United Kingdom.
The National Health Service suggests everyone get themselves vaccinated as early as possible. Any delay in vaccination is going to increase your risk of getting infected with COVID-19.
- Everyone above the age of five is eligible to receive two short primary series of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Every immune compromised above the age of 5 is eligible to receive additional primary doses.
- Everyone above the age of 16 is eligible to receive at least one booster shot for COVID-19.
- People who are at severe risk and above the age of 12 are also eligible to receive one booster shot.
- Everyone above the age of 65 is eligible to receive a seasonal booster or autumn booster shot in England.
- Apart from that, frontline health care providers and social care workers, pregnant women, and people who live with someone with a weak immune system are also eligible to receive autumn booster doses or seasonal booster shots.
If you believe you fall within the above-given eligibility criteria, then you should book a COVID booster shot using the official website of the National Health Service as per the above-given step-by-step process.
Vaccination sites might reject your application if you enter any wrong information, as there is a specific eligibility criterion for every vaccine in the United Kingdom. If you believe you have a weakened immune system, then you should consult with your healthcare provider and get yourself vaccinated with additional doses.
There are two things you should keep in mind while you are trying to book a COVID booster shot or any other COVID-19 vaccine.
- People below the age of 18 should make sure that they are maintaining at least a 12-week difference between their first and second dose of the primary series of COVID-19 vaccine.
- People above the age of 18 should make sure that they maintain a distance of at least eight weeks between their first and second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine
- You must maintain at least a three-month difference between your last shot of the primary series of COVID-19 vaccine and the festival still short.
Book COVID Booster Shot after getting COVID Positive
Before we wrap up this session, let’s take a quick look at the guidelines released by the National Health Service regarding booking your COVID booster shot or any other COVID-19 vaccine after getting tested positive for COVID-19.
As the risk of COVID-19 infection has not gone anywhere, there is a higher probability that you can get infected with the virus even during your vaccination process. As you are already aware, you should be maintaining at least a three-month difference between your shorts of the COVID-19 vaccine, and you can get infected during that time.
- The National Health Service suggests everyone below the age of 18 maintain at least a 12-week difference between developing symptoms of COVID-19 or getting tested positive.
- People above the age of 18 are advised to maintain at least a four-week gap between getting positive for COVID-19 or developing symptoms and the vaccine dose.
- People in the higher-risk category who have a weak immune system should also maintain at least a four-week gap.
You can count your gap days from the first day your symptoms started or the date you received your test results, whichever was earlier.
If you or anyone in your family is developing symptoms related to COVID-19 but has not tested positive for the virus, then they should wait till the symptoms are gone. If you get yourself vaccinated during that time, there is a higher probability that the vaccine might not work as it should.
What are the other ways to book COVID booster shots?
There are multiple ways you can use to book COVID booster shots in England. First of all, you can use the above-given step-by-step process using the official website of the National Health Service. Apart from that, people above the age of 75 can also use 119 to create their appointments and book a COVID booster shot.