How Long Does Weed Stay In Your System – Weed and other similar drugs are a complicated topic in the United States as a lot of people are against the use of weed and other similar drugs while a lot of people are in favor.
A similar thing is also happening in different states where some states of the United States Consider cannibals legal, and some states give it the status of legal for recreational use. The whole country is divided on that topic because of its complications.
Today we will discuss everything related to weed and other similar drugs. The whole article is going to be educational, so do not take it as advice. We suggest you consider everything related to weed and other drugs with your healthcare provider. Along with the information related to drugs, we will also discuss how long weed stays in your system. So without wasting any time, let’s get started.
What is a weed?
Before we discuss things like how long does weed stay in your system, let’s take a look at the basics, such as what is a weed?
Weed, also known as marijuana or pot, is a psychoactive drug driven by a plant named Cannabis Sativa. In the United States, it is commonly known as an illegal drug, and a lot of people smuggle it from one state to another.
An interesting report regarding the use of weed or marijuana was published by the National Institute of Drug Abuse back in 2017. In that report, the National Institute of Drug Abuse claimed that about 26 million Americans above the age of 12 had used marijuana in the first month of 2017.
If you compare it with the total population of the United States, you will see that it is around 9.5%. It means around 9.5% of Americans are using marijuana or other similar drugs.
How long does weed stay in your system?
Once you understand the basics of weed and other similar drugs, it is time for you to understand the timing it is going to stay in your system.
Health officials or authorities can use different types of tests to check the presence of weed in your body. Every test is a little bit different, and it has different validity.
A urine test is among the most common tests taken by health officials and authorities to determine the levels of weed in your system. A lot of workplaces and companies require their employees to take urine drug tests on a monthly basis.
There is no fixed time for urine tests to detect weed in your system. It is totally going to depend on how long you have been using weed.
For example, infrequent users such as once or twice can test positive for weed during a urine test for no more than one to three days.
On the other hand, heavy to moderate weed users can test positive for the drug till the 21st or 30th day of their consumption. The time frame is totally going to depend on how long you have been using it and what your frequency is.
Another most common weed test in the United States is a saliva test. Your company may ask you to take a saliva test on a monthly or weekly basis, depending on your contract and history. Health officials can detect weed through your saliva for 34 to 48 hours.
Blood tests are among the least popular types of tests to detect marijuana in your body. Health officials can only detect marijuana in your blood for up to 36 hours. Once you have crossed the 36-hour mark, it becomes very difficult for health officials to detect it in your body.
Hair drug tests are among the most intensive drug tests in the world. As for the health officials, hair tests can detect weed or any other type of drug in your hair for up to 90 days. Once you have closed the 90-day mark, then no other test can detect weed or any other drug in your system.
Factors that can impact how long weed stays in your system?
Before we wrap this session, let’s take a look at some factors which can influence how long weed stays in your system.
- One of the most important things which can influence the whole timeline of weed staying in your system is the quality of the marijuana.
- If your weed or marijuana is high in THC, then it is going to stay in your system for a longer period of time as compared to marijuana or weed with low THC.
- Another thing that is going to impact the whole weird staying in your system is the frequency of use. People who use marijuana or weed monthly or occasionally are less likely to have it in their system.
- Another thing you should be very careful about while counting how long weed is going to stay in your system is the last use. It is not going to matter how long you have been using or what your frequency is if, at the time of the test, you are high.
- The level of hydration can also impact the whole timing of weed staying in your system.
- If you drink plenty of water on a regular basis, then it is going to flush out red from your system, and it will be very difficult for your test to detect weed in your system.
- In some studies, it has already been proven that body mass index is also going to influence the whole timeline of weed in your system.
- As per the studies, people with higher body mass index are more likely to have weed in their system as compared to a regular person.
Which weed test can detect the drug in the body after one week?
There are two tests that can detect a weed in your body even after one week. First of all, the hair test is an important test to detect weed in your system after 36 hours. Apart from that, urine tests can also detect weed in your body if you are using it more frequently.