Gluten Free Diet – The world is full of different diets, but it doesn’t mean that every diet focuses on weight loss or weight gain. There are several diets in the world that only focus on Wellness, and a gluten-free diet is one of them.
We are seeing a sharp rise in gluten free diet users since 2010. As per a study conducted in 2019, around 5% of people in Western countries, including the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, follow a gluten-free diet by choice. At the same time, around 13% of the western population has some sort of gluten allergy.
Several studies and advice from health experts have been increasing the number of gluten free diet users in the world. Today we are also here to talk about everything related to the gluten-free diet and how general users can take the benefits offered by the diet.
What is a Gluten Free Diet?
The gluten free diet is a Wellness diet that excludes all the food items that might contain gluten. Gluten is a type of web protein that is found in wheat, barley, rye, and other food items. Most people in the world, including the United States, can easily tolerate food items with gluten, but some, are already struggling with some disease or suggested not to consume food items that have gluten.
People who are struggling with diseases like celiac gluten sensitivity, gluten sensitivity, and some autoimmune diseases are suggested not to consume a diet that might contain gluten. Others can easily eat gluten, and they won’t get any disease.
Who Should opt for a Gluten Free Diet?
Before we start talking more regarding a gluten free diet and how you can easily create it at your home, let’s first discuss who should be using it.
In experts’ opinion, a gluten free diet is among the easiest diets available on the market. It is just going to restrict the consumption of gluten. You can eat anything you want until it does not contain any gluten.
Health experts around the world believe people who are struggling with celiac disorder Should not consume any food item that might contain gluten. During the disorder, your body will start attacking gluten protein and believe it is a foreign threat. As a result, the attack will also damage surrounding areas, including the gut wall.
That is why health experts suggest everyone who is struggling with this disorder not consume any food item that might contain gluten.
Several independent studies around the world believe that there are 0.6 to 13% of people in the world might be sensitive to gluten. These people are never going to be diagnosed with celiac disease, but they will have several symptoms associated with the condition.
If you are also experiencing stomach pain, bloating, changes in bowel movements, skin rashes, and tiredness without any reason, then you should consult with your healthcare provider if you might be sensitive to gluten. Most of these symptoms look very normal to you, but the condition can get worse over time.
Gluten ataxia is somewhat similar to celiac disease. It is an autoimmune disease. During the disease, the immune system of the person affected by gluten ataxia is going to attack this system in response to gluten ingestion.
The condition is known to cause symptoms like balance, coordination, and motor control issues. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention believe gluten ataxia is more common in people above the age of 50.
Can I Use a Gluten-Free Diet for Weight Loss?
People who are not able to lose extra body weight or they are in this category will try different diets. Every time those people try to die, they mostly focus on weight loss, and a similar question also applies to gluten-free diets.
In simple words, yes, you can lose weight using a gluten free diet. If you take a look at the list of food items that contain gluten is mostly processed food items.
Every night in the world made for weight loss purposes going to focus on cutting down every processed food. You can also achieve similar goals using a gluten-free diet, but it is not some magical diet that can help you lose weight overnight.
Just like any other diet in the world, you have to work hard and eat in a calorie deficit manner. Apart from that, you can also increase your daily exercise routine, which can help you speed up the whole process.
What foods should I avoid for a Gluten Free Diet?
There are a huge number of food items you should avoid to start your gluten free diet. If you use these food items directly in your diet or you use some item that might contain these ingredients, then you should reconsider that.
- Wheat bran
- Wheat flour
- Brewers yeast
As we talked about previously, there are several food items you might be eating without knowing that it does contain ingredients rich in gluten. If you are consuming any of the below-given food items, then you should stop eating them right now.
- Baked cookies
- Snack food items
Most of these items are available with gluten. If you are trying to start a gluten-free diet, then you should take a look at the list of ingredients and other things on the label. Food items that do not contain any gluten will mention it on their official packaging.
Best food items for a Gluten Free Diet
There are a huge number of completely gluten-free food items, and you can enjoy all the health benefits of these food items.
- You can eat any type of meat, fish, or poultry except battered or coated meats.
- All fruit items, including melons, pineapples, bananas, oranges, and Peaches, are completely gluten-free.
- Dairy products such as plain milk, yogurt, and cheese are naturally gluten-free.
- Whole eggs and egg yolk are also gluten-free.
- Vegetables such as broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, carrots, and potatoes are gluten-free, and you can use them in your daily diet.
- All nuts and seeds such as almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cashews, chia seeds, and flaxseeds are safe to include in your gluten-free diet.
Simple Gluten Free Diet Plan
Before we start talking about the major benefits of a gluten free diet, let’s take a quick look at the sample.
- You can start your Monday morning with overnight chia seed pudding with two tablespoons, One Cup of Greek yogurt, and half a packet of vanilla extract. Along with that, you can also use the sliced fruits of your choice.
- In the afternoon you can eat chicken, lentils and vegetable soup. The combination of all these three things will include most macronutrients.
- At night you can have steak tacos with steak mushrooms. Along with that, you can also serve spinach in gluten-free corn tortillas.
- On the second morning, you can start your day with an omelet and some vegetables. If you want to drink, you can also include coffee.
- For lunch, you can go with quinoa salad, sliced tomatoes, cucumber, spinach, and avocado.
- To finish your day, you can eat shrimp squeakers with a garden salad.
- You can start your day with a banana very smoothly and a cup of Greek yogurt. If you wish to, you can also include some milk.
- For lunch, you can go with chicken salad wrap, but make sure your wrap is gluten-free.
- For dinner, you can go with the baked salmon served with baked potatoes and other vegetables.
Benefits of Gluten-Free Diet
Before we wrap up this session, let’s take a quick look at all the possible benefits of going on a gluten-free diet.
- Some research in the world believes boot and free diet can help you relieve your digestive symptoms such as bloating, diarrhea, Constipation, gas, and fatigue.
- People who are struggling with celiac Disease will find that their digestive system is getting a bit stronger as they are not experiencing much diarrhea, indigestion, and stomach pain.
- There is some evidence that a gluten-free diet can also increase your energy levels. If you are among those people who are experiencing low levels of energy and no motivation, you should try a gluten-free diet.
Is there any downside to a gluten-free diet?
Several health experts around the world believe that people who follow a gluten-free diet might experience nutritional deficiency as they will cut down on some important food items. Apart from that, it can also cause Constipation because several food items which are rich in gluten are also rich in fiber.
Can I include beer in my gluten-free diet?
Yes, you can include beer in your gluten-free diet. There is only one thing you should be taking a look at the label of the beer. The market is full of different beers that are completely gluten-free, and they also label them.