Evusheld Fact Sheet – In the noise of global events such as the fear of de-dollarization, nuclear attacks, and the Ukraine-Russian war, you might have forgotten about COVID-19, but the government has not forgotten about it.
Yes, the federal government of the United States is still actively trying to come up with a logical and sustainable plan for COVID-19. The Latest and updated booster shot has already been approved and advised in the country for every eligible person. At the same time, other treatment options for COVID-19 are also making the news.
Recently, we got to know about Evusheld. Health experts around the world believe that Evusheld can provide better protection against the infection of COVID-19 for a certain high-risk category group. Now, the Food and Drug Administration has released the Evusheld fact sheet. We are going to take a look at that fact sheet and try to understand everything regarding the medication.
What is Evusheld?
Evusheld Is an experimental drug that is creating a lot of hue and cry in the country. The medicine is known to contain two separate monoclonal antibodies in one cartoon. This medicine is going to contain tixagevimab and ciljevima.
The medicine Is still being studied, but it has recently been authorized for use by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States under its emergency use authorization.
Evusheld Fact Sheet
The Food and Drug Administration has recently released an Evusheld fact sheet mentioning all the facts regarding the medicine. The best part about this fact is that it is also going to bust all the myths and misinformation regarding this great experimental drug.
The FDA has recently revised Its fact sheet for the drug and mentioned that there is an increased risk of developing severe COVID-19 symptoms after exposure to variants of COVID-19 that are not neutralized by Evusheld.
Yes, if you have recently been administered Evusheld, you are still at high risk of developing severe symptoms from variants of COVID-19 that are not neutralized by the medicine. For more details, you can consult with your healthcare provider as early as possible.
You will be advised to start your treatment for COVID-19 as early as you receive your test results. Due to no vaccination, you are more vulnerable to developing severe symptoms.
- Evusheld is currently the only option for pre-exposure to COVID-19.
- It is for people who are advised not to take the COVID vaccine due to an adverse reaction.
- Evusheld Is authorized to be administered after every six months.
- Under any circumstances, you should not presume Evusheld as a substitute for COVID-19 vaccination.
- If you have recently been cleared to take the COVID vaccine, then you should take it as early as possible even if you have taken Evusheld.
Even if you have taken Evusheld and you start developing symptoms associated with COVID-19, or you have tested positive for the virus, then you should consider all treatment options with your healthcare provider.
As you are already aware, people who have taken Evusheld can also get infected with a virus. Currently, it is not possible to tell easily which variant of COVID-19 has infected you. Timely treatment can help you reduce the risk of the development of severe symptoms associated with the disease.
Side Effects of Evusheld
Before we move ahead and talk about anything else, let’s first discuss the side effects of Evusheld.
As you are already aware, it is an experimental drug that has not been fully authorized by the Food and Drug Administration of the United States, so it is obvious that we won’t be able to point out every side effect.
At the same time, the probability of receiving side effects after medication, along with the number of side effects, is also going to be much higher as compared to any other fully approved drug.
Apart from that, there is a huge list of symptoms that you might experience after consuming Evusheld. If you are experiencing any of the below-given symptoms, kindly seek immediate medical assistance or call 911.
- If you are experiencing a sudden change in your vision, such as vision loss, blurred vision, tunnel vision, or swelling, then you should call 911 or your healthcare provider right away.
- Evusheld is also known to cause symptoms associated with the heart, such as a fast heartbeat, irregular heartbeat, pounding heartbeats, fluttering of the chest, and shortness of breath.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with the heart, call your healthcare provider or 911 as early as possible. These side effects are also known to cause life-threatening conditions.
- Apart from that, if you are experiencing severe headaches, difficulty while speaking, overall weakness, trouble while walking, loss of coordination, confusion, or high fever, you should also call your healthcare provider.
Kindly never ignore any of the above-given symptoms, as they are known to cause life-threatening conditions. It is always going to be a wise decision to update your healthcare provider regularly regarding your overall health.
Who can use Evusheld?
Once you have learned about the basics of medicine, the first thing you are going to ask us is who can use this Evusheld?
It is an experimental drug, so there should be strict criteria.
Yes, the Food and Drug Administration of the United States has recently released a press statement mentioning the right use of medicine, and it is going to contain strict criteria.
Evusheld Is prescribed for pre-exposure to prevent COVID-19 in everyone above the age of 12 and who weighs at least 40 kilograms or 88 pounds.
Under any circumstances, healthcare experts must ensure that it is being administered to someone who does not have an infection of COVID-19. At the same time, health experts also make sure that the person also hasn’t had any close contact with someone who was infected with the virus.
- People who clear the above given basic criteria and they are moderate to severe immune compromised due to a medical condition can also receive Evusheld.
- People who are advised not to take any COVID vaccine or booster shots due to severe complications are also advised to take Evusheld.
- People who are struggling with medical conditions or treatments that may result in severe immune system compromise are also allowed to take Evusheld.
For more details, you can always consult with your healthcare provider. Depending on your condition, your healthcare provider might not suggest you go for Evusheld. It is an experimental drug, and everyone who is going to take this should be well aware of all the risks.
What are the precautions before receiving Evusheld?
There are some precautions you should be taking before receiving Evusheld. The Food and Drug Administration has recently released a fact sheet of Evusheld containing all precautions.
- You should let your doctor know about all of your allergies. A huge portion of people who have received Evusheld Is struggling with allergic reactions.
- If you are also struggling with any allergies or you are allergic to any ingredient used in Evusheld, Then let your doctor know about it.
- People who have a lower number of blood platelets, a bleeding disorder, or consuming any medicine associated with both conditions are also advised to let their doctor know about it before consuming it.
- If you are struggling with any heart condition, including stroke and heart attack, then you should also let your doctor know about it.
At the same time, the Food and Drug Administration suggests everyone let their doctor know about every health condition they might be having. Evusheld is an experimental drug, so you might experience some severe or common side effects.
Keep an eye on your overall condition and let your doctor know about any irregularities. Safety should be your priority, as experimental drugs are known to cause a higher risk of severe diseases as compared to the actual disease they are being used for.
Apart from that, you should also make sure that you are not taking Evusheld on your own. Evusheld will be administered by a healthcare professional, not by yourself. As you might already be aware, Evusheld is going to contain two different monoclonals, And it should be administered at two different injection sites.
How not to use Evusheld?
The Food and Drug Administration of the United States has mentioned that Evusheld is not a treatment for the infection of COVID-19. Kindly do not treat it as one of the treatment options. It is also not for people who have already been exposed to COVID-19. If you are positive for COVID-19 or you have recently been exposed to the virus, then do not take medicine.