Dash Diet Menu Eating Plan – The world is full of diets. You can go to any corner of this world and you won’t find two same diet menus. Every person on this earth follows a bit of a different diet than the other one. Some diets are flexible and you can eat food items from other diets. But there are a few diets such as ketogenic diets where you can not eat any food from other diets.
Generally, the diet you follow, such as the paleo diet, keto diet, and Mediterranean diet, you have a motive behind that. For example, you might be following a diet to lose the extra weight you are gaining. other than that you might be following it to gain some muscle mass in your body. but it is hardly the case where you do it for other reasons.
Dash diet is not like a typical diet and the followers of the diet do not have any motive such as weight loss or muscle gain. It is also not a very popular diet because usually it is recommended by a doctor or physician to lower blood pressure levels. We will talk about how you can easily make a dash diet menu eating plan for yourself along with other information.
What Is A Dash Diet Menu Eating Plan?
Dash diet menu eating plan is a very interesting menu plan. It follows the rules of the dash diet which is usually recommended by a doctor or physician. Before we talk about anything else let’s talk about the dash diet itself.
A dietary approach to stop hypertension is commonly known as the dash diet. Usually, it is recommended by a doctor or physician to control high blood pressure or even lower the levels.
Most of the foods you find in-dash will be low in sodium and rich in potassium, magnesium, and calcium. other than that it will also include only the nutrients that help lower blood pressure levels.
Benefits Of Dash diet
Before we talk about anything related to the Dash diet menu eating plan, let’s take a look at all the potential and major benefits of the dash diet.
Maintain Blood Pressure
One of the major benefits of a dash diet is that it maintains blood pressure levels. Usually, doctors recommend a dash diet to people who are suffering from high blood pressure.
High blood pressure levels can be very dangerous and it may result in a stroke or even heart attack which could lead to death.
Lord just the people suffering from high blood pressure but dash diet can also maintain normal blood pressure levels in healthy people also.
Many studies have Successfully proved that people who follow a dash diet experience normalization in their blood pressure levels even reducing salt intake.
As you already know that salt is high in sodium which can increase blood pressure levels. After reducing salt intake the dash diet was able to maintain the blood pressure levels even lower than ever before.
Lower Other Heart Issue
High blood pressure can cause several heart-related issues such as hypertension, cholesterol levels, and even heart attack. These heart-related conditions are directly related to high blood pressure.
That is why generally doctors recommend a dash diet if anyone is having any problem related to high blood pressure. In many studies, it has been proven that a dash diet can lower the 20% risk of heart disease.
In many studies, doctors have also found that high blood pressure is directly related to stroke. A dash diet can reduce the risk of stroke by 29% in women.
Dash diet can also help you in your weight loss journey. Usually, doctors recommend losing weight as higher weight is directly related to higher blood pressure levels.
Dash tight is also one of the best diets available in the world to lose your extra body weight. But, Let me tell you one thing that diet alone might not be able to help in your weight loss or muscle gain journey.
You have to be in an overall calorie deficit manner to lose extra weight. There are multiple ways to be in a calorie deficit and lose weight. It all depends on you which combination is best for you.
Some people might start losing weight with just little changes in their diet but some might have to also work very hard along with dietary changes to lose the weight.
Foods Of Dash Diet Menu Eating Plan
Let’s take a look at major food items you can include in your dash diet menu eating plan. Kindly remember that these food items are not going to be the Holy Grail. There are many other food items that you can include in your diet.
- Dash diets mainly focus on vegetables, fruits and whole grain products. You should try to eat as much fruit , vegetables and whole grain products as possible in a day or week.
- You’re only allowed to eat fat free or low fat dairy products. Kindly avoid any natural product which is high in fat such as whole milk.
- Only low fat meat is allowed in the diet so kindly try to eat fish and poultry. You should avoid fatty red meat.
- You should limit the foods which are high in saturated fat and oil. Any processed food such as chips or burgers is off the limit.
- Sweets and other sugar sweetened beverages are prohibited in the dash diet and you should avoid eating any of them.
Dash Diet Menu Eating Plan
Now let’s take a look at the sample Dash diet menu eating plan. And we will also discuss how you can easily make your own diet plan.
Experts usually suggest you eat 5/6 times a day to maintain your insulin level. Sudden food in larger amounts can also disrupt your whole blood circulation and there are high chances that it might increase it.
- You should eat whole grains in every meal. In the whole grains you can eat oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice, cereals and whole grain breads.
- The second big thing is vegetables which you should eat four to five times a day. leafy green vegetables such as spinach, kale, and broccoli should be your first choice.
- After vegetables you should focus on fruits such as Apple, Peach, berries, Pierce, pineapple and mango.
- For protein you can focus on lean chicken and fish.
- You should also eat nuts and seeds at least once a day. For example you can eat almonds, peanuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
Always make a diet plan where your saturated and trans fats are at lower levels.
Protein fiber magnesium calcium and potassium are at higher levels. You can include any food items according to your preferences.
- One Cup of oats with One Cup of skim milk and a few blueberries along with fresh orange juice in the morning.
- For snacks you can eat one medium apple or 250 grams of low fat yogurt.
- For lunch you can eat tuna and Mayo sandwiches. Bread should be whole grain and add green vegetables in your sandwich.
- For the second snack of the day you can eat one banana or any other fruit.
- For dinner you can eat 100 grams of lean chicken breast cooked in vegetable oils with broccoli and carrots. You can serve it with One Cup of brown rice.
It is just a simple Dash diet menu eating plan. You can make your own plan using your own food preferences. If you do not like to eat meat or any other chicken item you can also exclude that.
Dash diet menu eating plan is a very beneficial diet for people struggling with high blood pressure and hypertension. The whole dash diet follows a specific eating pattern where a user tries to limit certain foods.
There is a long list of foods that are prohibited in-dash diets such as sweets and sugar-sweetened beverages, overall sodium intake, full-fat dairy, and fatty meats.
Dash diet comes with certain benefits such as maintaining healthy blood pressure levels, lower heart issues, and weight loss in some cases.
Can I completely cut the salt for a more effective Dash diet menu eating plan?
No, you don’t have to cut the salt completely from your diet. Eating too little salt can also cause some serious health issues such as insulin resistance and fluid retention. Even if you are following the Dash diet menu eating plan, you should maintain your healthy salt levels. You should check for your daily sodium intake and maintain healthy levels, not just completely cut it.
Can I include coffee in the Dash diet menu eating plan?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. You can include coffee in your dash diet menu eating plan if you feel comfortable after drinking it. There are many people who are worried about caffeinated beverages like coffee which may increase their blood pressure levels. If you do not have any problems like that you can include coffee in your dash diet menu.