CDC Cruise Travel Warnings – It’s been more than two years since the coronavirus started, and it has been hitting our lives so hard more than anything else before. Most things around the globe are temporarily shut down because of the fear of spreading the virus.
Even in the most developed countries, including the United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom, the European Union, Australia, and New Zealand, people are under more restrictions than anyone can ever imagine.
We saw massive protests due to lockdowns and mandatory COVID-19 vaccination in Australia, Canada, and the United States a few months back. Nowadays, people do not like to sit in the closet for fear of getting caught by some virus.
That is why the federal government of the United States and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention keep issuing the latest guidelines and warnings related to several things, including traveling. Today, we will talk about CDC cruise travel warnings and guidelines. So let’s take a look at it.
Latest updates on CDC Cruise Travel Warnings
In the fall of March 2022, the Centers for Disease Control and prevention dropped every CDC cruise travel warning. From now on, every cruise company in the United States of America can operate freely without any restrictions.
A few months back, cruise travel was in the highest risk category as per the Centers for Disease Control and prevention in the United States. But, recently, it has come back to the moderate risk category, And now every warning has been lifted by the department.
As per the latest statement issued by CDC, everyone in the United States of America is allowed to travel on a cruise but make sure you are following every guidance related to coronavirus.
From now on, Every cruise travel warning should be considered as a guideline. These guidelines are meant to ensure your safety and safe journey. The cases of viruses are still rising, And you should try to follow every guideline.
Before you Start cruise travel
Even though the Centers for Disease Control and prevention have ended every CDC cruise travel warning, there are a few guidelines that you should follow while and before your journey.
- First of all, you should make sure that you are up to date with your coronavirus vaccine before you start your cruise ship travel.
- If you are a person who is immune-compromised or at increased risk of severe illness from novel coronavirus, then regardless of your vaccination status, you should consult with your doctor before you start your travel.
- Apart from that, immunocompromised or at increased risk of severe illness from novel coronavirus should follow every coronavirus guideline on board.
- The novel coronavirus spread very fast, and if anyone on board caught the virus, then Every person on the ship was at the risk of getting an infection regardless of their vaccination status.
- You should get yourself tested for novel coronavirus before you board. The test results should not be more than three years old.
Before you board your ship
There are a few guidelines that you should Follow up before you board your ship. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, these are just guidelines, not mandatory rules to follow.
The first thing first you should do is check the color of your ship and vaccination status. There are five different colors of ships, and you should be aware of the status of your ship before you board it.
- The green color of your ship means there are no reported cases of coronavirus or illnesses similar to coronavirus.
- If your ship has a yellow color, that means there are a few reported cases of coronavirus, but the cases are not crossing the threshold as per the CDC investigation.
- The orange color of your ship indicates that there are a few reported cases of coronavirus which have met the threshold set by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention.
- The red color of your ship indicates that reported cases of coronavirus are above the threshold set by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention.
- Lastly, the Gray color of your ship indicates that the ship has opted out of CDC’s COVID-19 program for cruise ships. The cruise ship has not been reviewed by the authorities.
Kindly remember that these colors are just symbolic. This doesn’t mean that your ship will actually be painted in orange-red or yellow color.
If you want to check the color of your own cruise or ship, then you can click on the button given above. It will directly take you to the cruise ship color status dashboard offered by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention.
On this page, you can refine your search very easily, and you can also find chips by company name, cruise line, and ship name. At this point, we will also point out several other things which are very important while traveling, for example, vaccinations standard, cruise ships opted in, cruise ship opted out, and overall vaccination status of the ship.
- Before you board the ship, you should make sure that you are fully vaccinated.
- Apart from that, you should also make sure that your crews require a certificate of vaccination or not.
- If you are fully vaccinated, then you must get tested with a viral test no more than two days before boarding the ship.
- On the other hand, if you are up to date with your vaccination, get yourself tested with the viral test no more than three days before boarding a cruise ship.
Who should not cruise travel
As for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, there are a few conditions in which you should not do cruise travel.
- If you are sick, even if you have recovered from coronavirus within the past 90 days, you should not travel.
- If you are tested positive for coronavirus, then kindly do not travel until a full ten days of recovery.
- If you are waiting for your test results for coronavirus.
There are a few on-board guidelines offered by the Centers for Disease Control and prevention. These are just recommended guidelines. They are for your own safety.
- You should try to wear a well-fitted mask to keep your nose and mouth covered while indoors and in crowded outdoor places.
- You do not have to wear any kind of mask in your own cabin on the ship.
- You should follow all ship-specific mask protocols, which may change during your trip due to a COVID outbreak.
- Your ship crew may ask to wear masks even in indoor and outdoor places.
Kindly remember these recommended guidelines for every person regardless of their vaccination status.
- You should try to wash your hands as many times as possible whenever you are in public and also use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- You should try to avoid any contact with anyone who is sick on board. Always try to maintain as much distance as possible.
- You should avoid touching your eyes out in public and even in your cabin without washing them.
- If you get any symptoms similar to novel coronavirus, then you are advised to stay in your cabin and notify the onward Medical Center immediately.
After your journey
You should also try to ensure the safety of your own and your family. Kindly remember these are just recommended guidelines, not mandatory rules.
- First of all, you should get your test after three to five days of your trip.
- If you find yourself positive for the novel coronavirus, then kindly keep yourself isolated until all the symptoms and your test have come negative.
- Centers for Disease Control and prevention authorities may try to contact you after your journey. The main motive behind contacting you will be if you were exposed to coronavirus.
Every public health department in the United States is doing everything they can to contain the spread of novel coronavirus in the country. One of the most active organizations working in the United States is the Centers for Disease Control and prevention.
On one side, CDC is driving one of the largest public coronavirus tests in the world. At the same time, they are also Educating everyone. A few months ago, cruise ships were under the severe category, and nobody was allowed to travel on ships.
But in the fall of March 2022, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated their CDC cruise travel warnings. From now on you don’t have to wait for your cruise travel as everybody is allowed to travel.
CDC has converted every warning into recommended guidelines, and from now on, you have to follow them on ship rules of coronavirus. But still, there are two guidelines that you are advised to follow while you are on the board and after your journey to ensure the safety of yourself and your family.
I am not able to see the status of local ships which sails only in US waters. What should I do?
As part of the Centers for Disease Control and prevention and their official statement, US flag cruise ships that only sail in the United States voters have chosen not to participate in the program. That is why the Center for disease control and prevention does not update the status of those ships as they report cases to state and local judiciaries.